Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fly me to the moon

I recently realized something weird in me. I seem to like aeroplanes, very much. As my workplace is quite near to the airport, I see huge airplanes each day. The sight of an aeroplane taking off seems to develop some kinda feeling in me. It feels as though it brings hopes....but I still didn't understand why I felt that way, until about three hours ago.

I was at the airport a few hours ago together with a few colleagues to send a friend/colleague off. Separation has always been a sad moment, especially when you're surrounded by your teary-eyed loved ones. However, there was something behind the reluctance of leaving this beautiful island. It was that familiar word again. Hope.

I don't know why but that word really jammed my brain, for a moment. Just imagine this, you're there about to leave this place to fulfill your dreams...to reach your stars...to do what you ought to do for a brighter future, and you will definitely miss everything here. But, when you turn and look at your folks, your friends and relatives who come all the way to support you....you can only feel one thing. There's hope...and that is what your loved ones see in you.

Damn. I guess I lost what I wanted to say. Too tired I guess. Anyways, just want to wish that friend of mine the best in his future endeavors. 2 years sound so long...hmm...his gf must be crying badly now. *Sigh* Separation moments hurt the most.


No comments: