Monday, March 26, 2007

Massive evacuation

I'm back at home again, unexpectedly...but I brought back piles of work too! Bleh!

I'm not the only one who left Uni to go back home all of a sudden as it was truly a massive evacuation. Almost 95% of the students/staff there decided to go back because of a few big problems at Uni. So what are those problems that made everyone evacuate the campus?

1) No water supply (3 days already!...Thanks to a burst pipe at a nearby town)

2) No food and the cafeterias are closed (No water supply...so how to cook?).

3) No classes (Classes have been cancelled due to those problems).

4) No electricity (For a few hours only...but it was enough to make everyone panic!)

5) Can't wash clothes, shower, do business in toilet, etc. (Refer to problem 1)

Wow. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I'm really studying in the jungle. I (and the other students) obviously can't live in a jungle, without water supply, food and electricity.

Hopefully, everything will be back to normal as soon as possible.


No comments: