Saturday, September 15, 2007

Things you shouldn't do during a blind date

It was a blind date set up by a friend of mine. Well, she thought I've been date-less f0r ages and she was obviously too free, so she made me meet up with a guy I've never met before. We only chatted a few times previously.

Initially, I was reluctant to go but when some idiots made me pissed off at work, I was so eager to leave office early to go somewhere. So I agreed to meet him up when he called....erm, in a way entertaining my friend's "good deeds".

We met over dinner for a while only...one or one and a half hours. Haha. The first impression was...."Why does he look so much older than his actual age?" Oh well, I told myself, "Never mind. It's just a dinner with a guy. Nothing big deal. It won't kill." But, when his funny and annoying character surfaced, I was so tempted to call ANY of my male friends to come over and 'rescue' me.

Anyway, forget about that. We shall focus on what this post is all about. When you're on a blind date, you shouldn't do certain things.

1) Do not mention about your old flames. Nobody is interested with stories about your ex.
2) Do not brag about things you did. Nobody would praise you for that 7.2 Million worth of sales you raked in.
3) Do not ask about the girl or guy's background too much. Things like "What's your parent's occupation?" You're interested in that person and is dating him/her, not the parents. So don't ask stupid questions.
4) Do not laugh like a gay. It's a great turn off.
5) Do not show your anticipation in getting the relationship started. That only shows one thing. You're sooooo desperate and unfortunately, you won't see that guy/girl anymore after this.
6) Do not tell "jokes" that are only funny to yourself.
7) Do not be the forceful type. When he or she says no, accept it.
8) Do not wear the type of outfit that makes you look YEARS older.
9) Do not talk when there's food in your mouth.
10) Do not order a big amount of food, as though you've never eaten before.

So there you go. That guy was really like that. Such a great turn off. Even though I only had the intention of adding another friend into my existing circle and was only pleasing my friend, I really can't tolerate that guy's character. I guess I won't be seeing him anymore after this. Bleh!

No comments: