Sunday, September 02, 2007

What is life without dreams?

I was clearing my messages on Friendster when I noticed a friend's personal message. Another friend of mine has finally found his "home" or the final destination, which is some sort of a dream come true for him. Many-many years ago when we first acquainted, he told me before that he wanted to build his home in some nice places in other country. I was merely a teenager and I thought he was only joking. But now, he has really gone to where his dreams belong and built his home at Guernsey (Channel Islands) with a beautiful wife and young daughter. At the age of 28, he has moved from Ipoh to such a beautiful place, it is indeed a dream come true...

Other than this friend, there's another one who will be leaving soon (erm, he might have left this place!). This is yet another dream come true as he will be working in UK, something he has planned for ages. When he told me about the job offer, I was sad that another friend is leaving, but at the same time, I was happy coz my friend lives up to his dreams.

How many of you actually fight and give all you can or have, just to achieve your dreams? I might be the very ambitious type and would do anything I can just to reach my dreams but the problem is, have I done anything? I'm truly ashamed of myself! What have I done thus far? Will I be able to do what I've always dreamed of when I'm 28?

Some people may have a much simpler mindset, where they would be satisfied with everything they currently have or minor things they plan to have and take things easily...but what is life without dreams? What is the meaning of life without trying to upgrade ourselves? It isn't about materialism. It is about what you want to achieve and how you can achieve it. Well, I do agree that simplicity is good (at times!) but why should we follow the crowd? Can't we set our own dreams and be different from our peers?


No comments: