Sunday, April 06, 2008

Repositioning

It's been months since I last met or spoken to Joyce. So, we went out last night to catch up on the latest updates in our lives. Apart from our usual family/relationships topics, I was surprised that this girl has made a super fast act to enhance her career path in just a few months' time.

Previously, we have talked about this before and we had even planned almost everything, step by step. But, little did I notice that I have spent the last one year, slogging at work till I didn't have the time to even think or plan for my own path. Now that's what I call stupid! I am so happy and proud of her when she told me she has registered for a processional certification (This is part of my personal plan too...damn, am I too late?), enrolled herself for Masters and she has even obtained a license as a part time unit trusts agent. That's amazing, isn't it?

Well, honestly speaking, I am somewhat ashamed of myself. A year ago, I had a clear plan of my career path and I knew what I wanted. When I started this job and got stuck in the rat-race (in a way lah...), I got all so confused that I lost track of my own path. I didn't know what to do (other than work, work and work! Partly my fault because I was a workaholic?), where to go, where I was heading, etc. I just know, I had to continue working this way, and there will be no end. Most of us think that our boss or even the company would take a good care of our future. Come to think again, is it really true?

Oh be realistic, please! Even if you slog to death in this company, the most you can go is...erm, department manager? That's when your boss leaves or dies....and that's still long time to go (sorry, I am not cursing my boss actually! :P) So, how to progress if there's no plans or whatsoever? I don't know why but it suddenly struck me that it's been very stupid of me to have worked until falling sick, going in and out of the hospital and clinic without getting to grow in what I was supposed to learn, without getting whatever recognition or appreciation and also just for the sake of a bit of money. I don't think what I have gained would benefit my career path, even though I did learn other things that I have never thought of.

So, perhaps the fact that yours truly who is going jobless soon (I am not kidding!) would enable me to really think, think and think carefully and focus on what I have always wanted and reposition myself back to the right track again. In the mean time, I suppose a part time job or a short course of professional certifications would be beneficial...I hope so. Ohhh...I forgot to ask you, any job vacancies? :P

No comments: