Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Self-confessed worrywart

I’m an idiot when it comes to worries! Well, that’s just another bloody side of me! I probably worry/think too much for my age!

The day is getting nearer and nearer. I should be relaxed and looking forward to the first day at work since I’ve already gotten an internship placement (Erk, the company actually wants me to work as its permanent employee…) but here I am, worried that this company could possibly be the wrong one.

It’s not that company A is not good enough. After all, it has manufacturing plants worldwide and it is possibly too high-tech also!…but I thought maybe I should QUICKLY (kinda desperate eh?) search for other companies, perhaps Company B (which is equally reputable but I’m not talking about the reputation issue now) that I’ve been eyeing upon to complete the four-month stint. If I were to go ahead with the initial plan, which is Company A, will I be able to align myself back to my actual plan? I can’t stop pondering…well, that’s a big question actually.

That company wants me to work full time…and my new boss told me the other day that she wants a long-term commitment, that’s only if I appear to be a good “investment” during my four months probation there. I was thinking…since I have this plan of getting my ass out of this place after the four months, shouldn’t I be doing my industrial training at a company that only wants me for four months??? It saves a lot of time and hassle for both parties. Sounds better, isn’t it?

Anyway, as I’m typing this, I’ve already sent in my cover letter and resume directly to the HR of Company B, specifically its Penang branch. Well, maybe…just maybe Company B would be interested as I’ve spoken to the HR of this company (HQ) and she was willing to accept me there, albeit in PJ. Hmm…now I just hope the HR of its Penang branch wants me… Yeah, you saw that word too – HOPE.

***

Oh I just got a call from my new boss and another thing came to mind almost instantaneously. Do you actually believe that things are fated? Like my case now, what if it is destined that Company A will be my first employer? Aww…that question sounds stupid now coz I know I don’t belong to the type that would blindly leave everything to fate or luck!

Damn, it feels like I’m worrying over nothing coz I’ve already gotten a job while my other course mates are still struggling to get internship placements. So why am I complaining? Why am I being so troubled with this whole thing now? Gahh….I’m truly a worrywart, can’t deny that fact now!

(Note: I typed this post last night) ***3 hours after blogging and I’m still thinking about this matter. This is so not right! Aihhh… Anyway, I might as well blog the remaining things out. I’m currently still waiting for Company A to fax a copy of the confirmation letter to my Internship Coordinator (My boss told me that the people at the HR department lost my application/interview form…heeee…such a coincidence huh?). If Company B replies to my email before the confirmation letter of Company A arrives, then see yours truly reporting her first day at work at the former company. Sounds much simpler now...well, easier said than done! Aihhh...

No comments: