Wednesday, May 14, 2008

As the cold-blooded side greets you

I always get very pissed off when strangers, idiots, unimportant people, etc. know detailed updates about my life. I mean, don't these people have better things to do than to fart around about other people's life?

It really gets on my nerves when we bump into certain people and they start to ask, "Ehhh....you're still jobless?"; "Why don't you try the graduate re-skilling scheme (GRS)?" "Why don't you accept your uni's offer to study PhD?" (FYI, I recently received a special offer to pursue PhD...not bragging but just erm, to keep you informed...) Well, thanks a lot for being oh-so-caring! But I need to stress that this is the umpteenth time I'm repeating that I am jobless by choice! I resigned from the bloody job because it was my own decision that I wanted to spend some quality time for personal reflection, to reconnect with my inner self and to further position myself, particularly on which path to tread, what to do next, the career path, some personal plans, etc.

So, you got a problem with my decision? Like I said, it's my own choice. Not that I can't find any jobs, in fact I found a few already but can't I choose suitable ones? Do I need to report every single thing to everyone around me? Oh yeah, regarding the "superb" suggestion of signing up for GRS, I think it was a rather stupid suggestion. Why do you think I need to attend GRS when it was my own choice to resign from the previous job? I'm not saying GRS is not good but it's meant for FRESH graduates, mind you! As for the PhD offer, are you nuts? After completing the PhD, where will I be? Which company is so stupid to hire a PhD holder who only has as little as a year's job experience?

Honestly, I won't be this angry if there's no support or whatsoever. I don't need all that. But, when rumors or stories started circulating, I get really VERY pissed off. If you have no intentions of extending any support or guidance, it's fine but please don't open the mouth and simply talk about me. Don't you have any other better things to do or any other better topics to yak about? I just hate to hear all sorts of third party funny stories about myself, and those stories often come from unknown people, distant/never-heard-before relatives, etc. Somehow, all those stories are negative things about me...why so?

What is the real meaning of love and care when one does not support, guide or the worst...does not believe in your ability or looks down on you (in a way or another) during your lowest point in life? I'm afraid I have to admit that it's been this way for years and this is how I push myself forward to prove to people like you that I can do it!