Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheesy pick-up line?

Ever been in a situation where a guy (obviously a stranger) keeps looking at your direction, suddenly walks up to you and says "You look very familiar..."

Yesterday was Mother's Day. So, we went out for dinner at a buffet style restaurant. While selecting my meal, I noticed the chief or captain of the restaurant kept looking at me. I ignored his stares and continued to walk. He approached me, smiled and recommended some special dishes and insisted that I should give that dish a try. I thought he was just being friendly. I just smiled and went back to my table to join my family. Nothing happened yet.

When I accompanied mum to get some desserts, he was there again. This time, he reminded me that there was a photo taking session at the corner of the restaurant, which is specially organized in conjunction with Mother's Day. "Hey...remember to take a photo with your mum there. You could probably win the contest" he reminded.

Before leaving the restaurant, we decided to take a photo with mum, not to win the contest but just for the fun of it. While waiting for mum to select the photo she likes, that guy who was standing quite near to where I stood started talking to me again.

"You look very familiar, you know. Not sure whether you still recognize me?" he said.

Looking puzzled, I said no coz I really can't remember knowing a guy like him.

"Still remember the petrol station at....?" he asked.

It turned out that this guy has actually seen and talked to me before. It was about a month or two months ago at the petrol kiosk near my house. That time, his car was next to mine and I was clutching a small bag with some money and my hp inside when he saw me. He had warned me of the danger of snatch thieves at the petrol kiosk. Just a piece of friendly advice.

Somehow, it appeared funny that he could still recognize me after one or two months. I can't even remember anyone I met one or two weeks ago! I mean, how often do you recognize total strangers around you, especially after a certain period of time? Bleh...


No comments: