Thursday, May 08, 2008

Losing something within yourself

I was listening to some "old" songs, or rather those songs that I used to listen to while in my first or second year in Uni. These songs remind me of a few things.

1) I can't believe how fast time flies. Not that I feel old but I kinda miss those times.
2) Over the years, I have sort of lost a special kind of feeling or 'power' within myself. It was more or less like a powerful internal strength that motivates and gives a positive boost for one to reach her desired goals. Am I still on board, heading towards my dreams since this feeling or internal strength has sort of deteriorated?

As the self-reflection process continues, it somehow feels as though my current self have lost contact with the old me. The current me feels like a stranger when she recollects some of her past experiences. Though the sad or heartbreaking stories/issues should be left in the past (which I successfully did...and I'm glad about it), there are still certain things that should be brought to the future. A simple example is the strong internal strength that I mentioned earlier.

Back then, nothing seems to be an obstruction. Though there were many obstacles to endure, the journey has been fruitful and the experience was all worth it. I must stress again that it was that strong self-motivation kinda feeling that brought me through it. But today, I am sad to discover the current me has actually lost what I used to have...or maybe it has gone down, and it is obviously much lesser than what I had.

"How can I find back that strong powerful feeling?" Hmmm... I have been thinking of this question the whole day as I reconnect with my inner self. Perhaps, I need to take another round to search back my old self...

No comments: