Friday, June 13, 2008

Higher cost of living

There's something very wrong with today's rising cost of living. The other day, when the new petrol price was announced, I did not join thousands of gila people to queue up at the petrol kiosk to feed my little car. I certainly did not need to do so as I had just pumped petrol two days before the announcement. However, when I went to the petrol kiosk a few hours ago, I nearly fainted!

I used to pay only RM 50 ++ for the petrol and now, guess how much I need to pay? It's bloody expensive!! I paid RM74 just now! Idiot. RM24 may not be a huge amount but I could really feel the pinch now. *Ouch* The price of petrol is definitely going to shoot up again and with our current income, it will never be adequate!

Just imagine, the price of petrol has gone up, the price of food (at certain places) have gone up, and many other things are much more expensive than before, BUT there's one thing that remains....your salary. How come our source of income does not go up, following the trend of rising prices? Grrr.... There are so-called incentives or rebate plans being discussed and announced, but will all these really help??? Hahaha... I doubt.

Gosh! I guess, there's a need to speed up on the financial services part time job and buck up on my financial planning skills for survival's sake. *Sweats* Are you not worried??

Oh anyway, I have officially finished the 2 weeks training at my new workplace. I have even received my first two cases today, and the reports must be submitted by end of next week. I guess, more and more cases are coming in on Monday. Anyway, I didn't know there are so many companies that would pay so much to investigate on individuals and other companies' backgrounds. Heh...it feels like I'm a private investigator now, albeit for professionals and business purposes only! Haha.

2 comments:

Observer said...

sudah out of engineering ar... pergi finance pulak

~Tiramisu~ said...

Hahaha...have always been interested in finance, but that's just a part time job! Heh!

No choice ler...economy is bad, need some financial planning skills for survival's sake. Hehehehe.