Sunday, February 05, 2006

The different angles we see in people

After wasting some time pondering upon an unsettled problem or rather a mysterious conclusion, I finally found the answer. It’s not that I’m still unwilling to let go, but with the stubbornness in me, I’m really keen to find out what went wrong. Whose fault was it? Was it that bloke or I? Even though it has been a year and I’ve actually deleted or forgotten him (In fact, I’m thinking of someone else now! Keke…=P), I won’t be satisfied if I don’t analyze the whole issue properly.

As I don’t want to endure a repetition of the past, I used the only method available to study the whole situation again, which is the comparison method. I did mention in one of my previous posts that I hate to compare things but looks like this is an exceptional case. After doing some silly comparisons (mostly on the traits and behaviors aspects) between a few men, I managed to find the answer.

I wouldn’t blame him or myself for a screwed-up relationship as everything’s over after all. But, I found the answer behind everything! We were not being ourselves at that time. Everything happened while we donned our masks and were obviously pretending to be comfortable. I realized I only saw him from one angle. I’ve never seen any other angles of his personality before, like what I saw in the other men I compared him with. No wonder he appeared to be flawless to yours truly (With uncountable similarities! Oh crap!) …guess I was really blind at that time! Heh! On the other hand, he has never seen my other angles as well. Bet he would be equally shocked if he knew I’m not what he had perceived all the while. *Ahem! Grins*

Anyways, the main purpose of this post is not to bring back the memories of him. (Duhh...it's over, remember? *Yawns*) It’s a reminder to myself that I should always see everyone (including myself) from different angles. Which ever angle it may be, it’s better to know someone’s real personality beneath his or her own masks rather than living in a world of pretensions. Isn’t it better to see the actual character of a particular someone before it’s too late? I’m sure you wouldn’t want to wake up, and find yourself sleeping beside a “total stranger” with a familiar face next time! Heh…scary!


No comments: