Saturday, February 11, 2006

The sleep talk mystery

OMG! My current roommate found something about me! Luckily she still doesn’t know anything about this blog but she knows about the sleep talk mystery! *Gasp* I’m sure you’ve heard of sleepwalking before but what about sleep talking? Damn, too much of information dissemination about yours truly isn’t a good thing but this is mysterious enough and should be posted here!

Just like my nickname, I’m a real pig…as in someone who loves to sleep! =P So, when the sleeping queen is very tired, she tends to sleep talk! I know you’re probably laughing your ass out while reading this but mind you, could you please wait for me to finish the whole post first? Thank you…*rolls eyes*

I’ve never heard of my family complaining about this weird habit of mine before, unless you consider the ones dad told me about years ago! Hehe…that’s a different story altogether! So, when I left home for the first time to study in the jungle for a three-year degree course, I stayed in a small hostel room with a total stranger who’s a few years older. That’s my first roommate. (I’m currently still staying in that room but with a different roommate who’s of the same age).

My first roommate was the first person to tell me about my sleep talk habit. There’s once when I was struggling to finish three assignments at the same time and slept at 4am for a few days. I didn’t tell her anything about my assignments or lousy group members but she knew what I was doing. Initially, I thought she investigated about me or has some kind of super power! LOL…


Roommate #1: You have lots of assignments huh? You’ve been sleeping late for the past three days.

Me: Oh yea. Can’t help it. My group members don’t seem to care about the assignments.

Roommate #1: It’s supposed to be a group assignment. Why are you still doing their parts?

Me: I’ve got no choice. If I were to rely on them, I’ll probably have to redo everything in the end. Besides, they’re prone to last minute jobs.

Roommate #1: …but I thought you’ve already divided and distributed all the tasks on the assignments to each of them?

Me: Yea, I did. Oh wait…how did you know that I'm the leader and that I’ve actually given them things to do?

Roommate #1: Haha…coz you’ve been sleep talking! You talked about the assignments and everything you discussed with your group members while sleeping! I could even explain on the topics you discussed with your group members!

Me: OMG! I did?? So, I was sleep talking the whole night and disturbed you?

Roommate #1: No lah. I woke up early the other day, and heard someone talking. Didn’t know you would sleep talk!

Me: Hehe…


That was what my first roommate told me. My second roommate who stayed with me for merely three weeks is also another pig. She didn’t tell me anything about sleep talking. So, I just kept quiet.

I’ve been quite busy lately. So, just now, out of curiosity, I asked my current roommate whether she heard anyone talking at night.


Me: Did you hear anyone talking at night when you’re asleep?

Roommate #3: Yea. You lor.

Me: What?? You really heard me talking?? When??

Roommate #3: Yea. Heard you talking for the past few nights.

Me: Really? Sorry, I didn’t disturb you from slumbering huh? So, what did I say?

Roommate #3: No lah. You were just mumbling away a few nights back. But, last night, you mentioned someone’s name and were giggling away.

Me: *Blushes* What?? I mentioned someone’s name???? OMG!! What did you actually hear?

Roommate #3: I only heard the part when you said ………(someone’s name), then you mumbled and giggled in between.

Me: Erm….hehe….try to get used to my weird habit ok. When I’m tired, you’ll hear me talking at night when I’m asleep. That’s what my first roommate told me. Hope my habit won’t disturb you…

Roommate #3: No, it’s ok. You didn’t disturb me. Maybe you talked and giggled too much when you chatted with that person you mentioned when you’re awake. That's why you talked about him when you're sleeping.

Me: Huh? There’s such thing? Woo…


OMG!!!!! Sleep talking is already funny enough but can you imagine that? I was heard saying someone’s name, mumbling and giggling away in the middle of the night! Oops…that’s dangerous! That someone (the name I mentioned while slumbering) is coincidently one of those I detected (as assumed) in my radar map! *Grins sheepishly* Damn! How come I can’t recall anything about the dream I had last night??

Oh think I better stop here. Or else, I’ll sleep talk again tonight! Haha…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Back From Outer Space After Being Kicked Out* ......... No Comment.... =P

~Tiramisu~ said...

Wanna be kicked out again?? Keke...=P

Just finished my test, another quiz to go =/