Sunday, July 22, 2007

Study loan equals debts??

It's surprising that I managed to wake up early today since I slept at 4am last night. Anyway, maybe....maybe there's this thing that is really bugging me.

I was chatting with a younger colleague last night when he told me about his study plans. He's leaving for UK in August to get a Degree and his passion has in a way reminded me of what I've always wanted.

"Wow. You're going to UK? ...it's expensive there. You must be damn rich huh?" I asked.

"Nahh...I'm not rich lah. I applied for a loan of 8% for 5 years. You could do that too." He explained.

And his line of "you could do that too" has been repeating itself non-stop since last night. Is it really worth it to get a loan just to fulfill my dreams? In case you didn't know, 97% of all personal financing and investment books (like those written by Robert Kiyosaki and Warren Buffet) tells you that getting a loan is the stupidest thing one could get for himself. The theory is similar to this, before earning from your investments, you already made yourself fall into the debts category? That sounds a bit stupid.

Bleh...I was really thinking about this. To fulfill my childhood dreams and passion (before I become an old, ugly auntie), I might need to work my ass out to pay back the loan later on. Can I make it?

Well, of course there are other alternatives.
1) Get the MBA elsewhere. *thinks of the ever-prestigious Uni in the neighbouring country*
2) Work my ass out, become a slave and work OT everyday, work part-time, sell lots of bullshits and do ANYTHING to earn enough money in 2-3 years time.
3) Business and investments.
4) Find a super rich guy (most likely a bald, old and butt ugly man) and get sponsored (OOPS, this option is totally out! Yours truly is not that cheap. I don't think I could stick to someone like that and I obviously hate to be controlled. So this is out!)
5) Forget about this dream. (Oh no!) ....and regret your choice of not furthering studies when you were still young.

Gahhh.... I doubt getting a loan is a good option....but have I got any other choices?

No comments: