Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A slap in the face

......well, thanks to reality.

It was a pretty bad day at work today and I was really very pissed off with some idiots. But, when I think it over, is it really worth it to be so angry? I don't think my salary is enough to cover my anger! So why bother about the idiots when I have already done what I'm supposed to?

Reality hits me hard when I started pondering and comparing my salary (Mind you, I am underpaid!) with the things I have to do, the things I have to sacrifice due to excessive workload and the idiots I have to deal with each day. If the pay is adequate or at least on par with the market rate for degree holders, I might just shut up and swallow in all my anger and also complaints.

I was stuck in a massive traffic jam just now when the question suddenly popped up, "Why do I need to do donkey jobs since I am not getting the wage of a similar qualified personnel?" Well, I know it's not wholly about the salary issue but I was really thinking. Am I really moulded for this kind of job or particularly this department? I suddenly feel so lost and confused.

Perhaps, I'm not suitable for a job like this. Or maybe, I need to focus on my other alternatives and forcefully drag myself back on track to pursue my dreams. Or was it just an excuse to get my ass out of this place?

"Happiness decides where you should be" A friend told me this previously but do you really agree with what she said? Well, I am in fact quite happy with my surroundings and the people around me (except those idiots I mentioned, of course!) but can this judge what I should do next?


No comments: