Friday, December 22, 2006

Playing a role on my own stage...

In the blink of an eye, it's the end of the year again. With 2007 approaching nearer and nearer each day, the brain has been clouded by many, many things. Not that I love thinking so much, but I just can't help pondering over certain issues. Some self-reflection and soul-searching do help in distinguishing the true self hidden beneath a smiling face.

You know, I've been thinking about dreams. I'm an ambitious freak and everyone knows that. But to be honest, the truth is ugly. All this while, I could be fooling my own self. Seriously, to realise all those dreams, it may take a while to reach that stage. Erm, possibly years... I knew that long time ago, yet stubbornness has been accompanying yours truly and I just ignored all that. "So, which is more important?" I reckoned. This question has brought me to yet another level of transformation within myself.

I may still be ambitious. I may still hope to achieve those big dreams one day but I guess the burning desire has sort of dwindled to a much more feasible level. All the while, I hated naysayers and I still do, but it would be very stupid of me to continue fooling myself and forced to let go of certain things. Not that I'm being pessimistic...(Nope! I'm not giving up yet!), but the realistic and practical sides of me have decided to make a little change. It's just like the ability to be progressive whilst adapting to my surroundings. Well, it may be good...who knows?

Sometimes, it just feels like we are simply living a life on stage...a place where we are playing the role of an actor/actress and also the audience to our own life. So whether your life is screwed up or not, accept the fact that you are partly to blame. Yesterday is history. Today gives you the strength from the valuable lessons learnt yesterday, so that you would be prepared for tomorrow. Embrace tomorrow with a newer you and the following day would be a promising sunny day.

**Oohh...another thing in mind. Santa came early. A surprise present I never expected to receive. Should I open it? Will there be a hidden bomb or something? Hmm...life's full of uncertainties.


No comments: