Saturday, December 23, 2006

...Sweet & Sour...

Initially, it was really sweet...too sweet until I had forgotten what I was up to. The temporary sweetness left an impact almost instantaneously. I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn't. It was mutual, as claimed by both parties.

Honestly, it was truly an unexpected surprise. I had never anticipated to feel this way yet again. Yes, it was the familiar feelings I had previously. I had forgotten how it felt when I was so blindly into that old one but his presence brought back those feelings. No words could ever describe the extraordinary emotion as it felt like I was floating up in the air. I'm not making a comparison between both of them but it really felt that way. It was shocking when I came to know even more things about him. Everything was almost the same, in fact, he's even better than that one in many aspects. "How could this be? This is absurd!" I reckoned. I wasn't really digesting the things he said seriously but when he confessed having similar sentiments, my eyes nearly popped out onto the keyboard.

Yes, everything was sweet...at least, it was to me but somehow, the sweetness never lasted. Everything turned sour when I received a message this morning... It wasn't a simple I-don't-like-you sort of message as it wasn't a one sided issue at all. In fact, I would rather receive that. At least, it would "kill" me there and then but no.... It was a long sincere (could feel it) confession of how he felt, how much he wanted things to work out between us and many other things but the last sentence of truth drew a line between us.

Even though he was so near to what I truly want in a partner, I had to let him go. Even though we both felt the same way, it wasn't a bed of roses. Even though there were uncountable similarities and coincidence between us, we were still separated by the ugly side of reality. Even though he managed to bring back the intense feelings I used to have in just a short period of time, and I dare to admit that it was quite strong, it's still useless. Even though he really wanted me, it's just too bad that it's already too late. Things would definitely be different, only if we had known each other earlier.

Santa came early to bring this unexpected present. It was truly a big surprise and a happy one...for a moment...but the truth is, the present actually belongs to someone else. It's not meant to be mine. I had to return it to the owner. This is too cruel to all parties involved. This is sweet and sour. This year's x'mas will not be the same anymore.