Friday, January 12, 2007

Stepping Out II

How often do you reflect on yourself and recall on certain things you once did or said? The inner voice in you would say, "Gosh! That was so stupid of me. A little too naive, huh?" and you would eventually start to laugh at your own stupidity.

I had a recollection on certain things recently and it occured to me that, I've learned to laugh at myself and grow with the progress of life. Yes, all those things may seem to reflect on one's stupidity, and I dare to admit that at certain stage of our lives, we tend to do stupid things. Well, we thought it was right but with all the mistakes done in the past, we eventually outgrow stupidity and mould a new, stronger and much different character we have today. I'm glad to have navigated through the storm with a strong faith to become who I am today.

Previously, I blogged about stepping out. It's true that each time a problem arises, there's a contest between faith and fear. If you have faith, there will be a way out coz you choose to step out of the problem and fight against fear. But, when you're afraid of criticisms, failures and losing pride/face, you will lose faith and the problem is left unsolved. You'll never progress until the day you die. I got this inspiring message of stepping out from a source that has helped me to overcome problems over the past one year. I hope you could find the strength I found.

The journey of life is much more important than the destination itself. It will shape who you will be when you're finally there. You will need to learn and grow throughout the journey, embracing uncertainties before you could reach the final destination. So which do you prefer? To be progressive or to be hiding in the comfort shell of guilty conscience? The choice is yours. Try taking these few simple steps and hopefully, you will be able to encounter happiness and a peace of mind as your problems and worries will be lifted off your shoulders.

1) Recollection. Reflect on the right and wrong things you did/said.
2) Learn to laugh at yourself regarding the mistakes you made in the past.
3) Repentance. Grow and change into a better person. Step out of the mistake/problem.
4) Vow. Promise yourself you will not repeat the same mistake ever again.
5) Keep your words and have faith in yourself. Nothing is impossible.

Anyways, I received a mail from a friend some time ago and I guess it's worth sharing. This mail conveys an inspiring message and it has truly brighten up my day. :)

A woman knelt in prayer, and in anguish cried out to God:

"Dear Lord, I can't compete in this world. I am just a simple woman. I don't have perfect hair or perfect teeth, a perfect smile or a perfect figure. I want so much to fit in with this world that asks for perfection. I want to be loved and appreciated and needed. Oh God, please do something. Change me."

"My dear child," replied the Lord, "to Me you are simply wonderful. I accept you just as you are. I knew you even when you were in your mother's womb, and I have you engraved upon the palm of My hand. Each part of you was created in My image. And I am changing you, daily.

"But you see, I work differently than the world. I work from the inside out. And deep within your heart, I see the beginning of... perfection."



No comments: