Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The beginning

It's just the third day into 2007, but with big moderate hopes, this will be a good year to a new beginning. I will need to strategize and focus on important things towards the right direction. The final destination could still be far away, but with each small step taken, the accumulated little effort will get me there.

This year is significantly important. Everything would be different as 2007 indicates a milestone in my life. It's going to be a busy year with lots of things to do...and more things to think about. I would be occupied with my final sem projects. I will officially start work and I seriously need to consider the path I want to thread for the next few years. This year would also be the starting point to my long-planned investment strategies. Apart from that, I need to master some skills in financial planning. So from now on, the calculator and bankers would possibly become one of my closest friends. LOTS of things to do and to ponder upon...

But, before getting too excited over all that, I got a good news. Still remember my "dear" roommate? I won the battle against her, finally! I checked the students' portal and it is stated clearly that she's going to stay in another room, albeit the same hostel block. HAhaha...Glad I wrote that three-page complaint letter to the hostel principal. Now, there's something else to worry about. Who's going to be my new roommate? Gahhh...hopefully she's not worse than that fat bitch. I hope I won't get a sudden heart attack when I see her this Saturday.

*Continues thinking of other important things*

There's a saying in Cantonese, "Hey mong yud tai, satt mong yud tai", which means the bigger the hope, the bigger the disappointment. I know the road I'm threading isn't going to be a smooth one and I'm playing with too much of risks at this age, but with lots of effort, determination and faith, I believe I will reach the final destination someday... But for now, I will have to settle for a much smaller hope, a moderate one that could transport me to where I want to be. See you there!


No comments: