Thursday, August 10, 2006

Staying with an absolutely gila person

Still remember my "dear" roommate, Miss La Sam Po? After so many months of sharing the same room with her, I conclude that she's really a gila weirdo. Initially, I thought I was the weird one since I seldom talk to her (I don't talk to people I don't like. Does it make any sense?) but now, I'm convinced that I'm very normal compared to her.

I could adapt to different people and surroundings easily. So, I thought I could get used to her untidiness and everything else after some time, but I really can't. Oh no...I'm not being impatient or the queen of complaints but I really can't tolerate her peculiar sleeping pattern and nocturnal activities anymore.

Seriously, would you stay up late until 5 am, or 5.35 am to be exact, just to watch the TVB dramas? Would you stay up late until 3 am just to make colorful origamis for your friends? Would you sleep from 6pm (after your last class of the day) to 11pm, then continue to do all the non-beneficial things like playing Java games till 4 am?? What could be more important than getting an adequate proper sleep? Now, please tell me whether she's normal or not!

The other day, I nearly killed her. Luckily, there wasn't any parang, Diablo's long sword or the Enemy Territory's panzerfaust in my room. Or else, she would be dead by now! Here's a short scenario on what happened the other day.

6pm: She came back from class, and as usual, the dirty girl went to sleep without taking a shower. Eeeuuuwww...

11pm: She woke up, went to take her once-a-day shower (sometimes twice) and drank Nescafe with a strong effect that will keep her awake till next month!

1am: I just finished the nightly phone conversation with Mr.Current Date and it's time to sleep. Classes start at 8am to 5pm, then I have another 3-hour night class and I have one very difficult exam (biz law) and a quiz the next day. So, I NEED a good night's sleep. "Damn. When is she going to sleep?" I asked myself.

2am: *toss and turn* I still can't sleep. By now, she's already mentally immersed herself into the TVB dramas, with her eyes glued to her big laptop screen, like as if she was wearing a Head Mounted Display and used a headphone to provide binaural hearing. She saw herself acting alongside Charmaine Sheh and a few other famous HK actors and actresses.

2.30am: She realized that I couldn't sleep. So, she turned off the lights (very considerate indeed) but what difference does it make? The lights from the screen reflected to the door and it was VERY glaring. And, she kept laughing like a hyena while watching the bloody drama. Insane.

3.45am: I was halfway in dreamland when she suddenly burst out laughing like a hyena, again. The smell of biscuits and Milo covered the room. "Is there any weapon in this room? I'm going to chop her head off NOW" I was thinking of that.

5.35am: She suddenly turned the lights on and packed some things for the next day's class. *I wake up and panicked, thinking that I'm late for class. Looks at alarm clock...SHIT. My alarm is going to ring in 40 minutes' time!*

6.15am: *Alarm rings....snoozes...* I could hear her snoring loudly. "I didn't get proper sleep because of her and she's now snoring away?? Idiot."

I managed to wake up in time for my 8am class but my eyes were extremely small that day. I went to class with a pair of panda eyes, missed the first bus (it was only 25 metres away when the driver sped off before I manage to get my ass any nearer to it), couldn't concentrate in class, yawned millions of times and everything was bad on that day.

I really don't get it. What's wrong with her? What do you get when you spend hours and hours doing useless things, and not getting adequate sleep when you actually have a morning class the next day? When it's time to sleep, then just sleep! I don't mind sleeping with the lights on if she's busy struggling with assignments but hell no, she wasn't occupied with all that.

It's just so unproductive to sleep when other people are doing their work, then you wake up and do useless things like watching dramas or play Java games, or worse, make origamis when other people are trying to get enough sleep. Damn. Are you hoping that the longer you stare at the screen, you could stand a bigger chance to become as pretty as Charmaine Sheh, Sonija Kwok, or any other HK TVB actors and actresses? This is just plain stupid. I love to watch these dramas too or any other movies whenever I'm free but come on, which is more important? Why can't you watch those dramas during the day time? Idiot.

Your course may be easy and has lesser assignments, projects and exams compared to mine but could you please have some cow sense? You know I have exam the next day. You know I'm struggling to finish the assignments and projects in time. You know I always don't get enough sleep but you're just too moronic and self-centered to acknowledge all that. If you have all the time in the world to play and enjoy, by all means go ahead but PLEASE be considerate.

Hello! I'm reminding you that you're sharing the small hostel room with me. So, could you please be considerate and don't expect me to follow your insane style of living. If you would like to self-destruct yourself or destroy your own future, then just go ahead but don't you disturb and obstruct yours truly from getting what she wants! For goodness' sake, you're already big enough to understand things. Do we need to say everything out so that you'll know what to do? Is there a need to remind you that the rubbish bin is full and you should empty it whenever I'm back to Penang? Is there a need to remind you that the room is dirty and smelly? Is there a need to remind you that it's time to sleep? Any morons would know that we should be sleeping by 3am!

Bloody hell. I just hate it when people disturb me while I'm slumbering or in the shower. Sheesh. There's another thing I don't understand. Why do I have to act like a big sister (she's older actually) or a mother to remind her on simple things like when to throw the rubbish? Why is it that I could do it but she can't? She really downgrades the female population. Sungguh mensiasuikan. Damn. There are more things to complain about her actually but...aiihhh...No matter how, I still need to tolerate her weird attitude and habits until the next semester ends...and I'll never have to stay with her ever again! Ahhhh....gila sial!


No comments: