Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dating a doctor

The date was set at nine, on a Friday night. We had earlier agreed to meet up for the first time over coffee at an uptown bistro located at the blocks of British colonial buildings. The problem is, I haven’t been to that place! And, where am I supposed to park my car?

*Looks at watch*

“Shit! I’m late!” I screamed while still stuck in the jam due to the heavy downpour a couple of hours before.

Being a person who always insists on punctuality, I hate to arrive later than the planned time. After some time, I sent him a message on the mobile.

“Sorry. I’ll be late. Stuck in traffic jam.”

He replied, “Take your time. I’m almost there. Will wait for you inside.”

When I reached that place, I was lucky to find an empty parking space next to the café. All of a sudden, I started having a bad case of butterflies in the stomach. I felt like the naïve sixteen years old teenager I used to be, with that kind of silly enthusiasm to meet an online stranger for the first time!

“Gahh….What the hell is wrong with me? This is not my first time! Sheesh…” the self-thoughts started playing in mind.

I sent him another message.

“I’ll be there in a couple of minutes. I’m wearing a white baby-tee with jeans. You?”

He replied, “I’m wearing a black collared tee with khakis. I’m sitting at the corner on the left side of the entrance. See you later.”

When I pushed open the glass door, I saw a man with an average height of at least 175cm, and moderately built, weighing between 75 to 80kg. He’s the only one wearing a black collared tee. I gathered enough guts, took a deep breath, smiled and walked up to him.

“Sorry. I’m late…” *Smiles sheepishly*

** And the conversation between us was smooth flowing as we chatted on almost everything the whole night. With constant eye contact, we savoured each other’s company, accompanied by the strong aroma of Mocha while relaxing on a crème coloured couch and enjoyed the cosy ambience. It was truly worth it to spend a Friday night with someone who has a touch of class and enjoys fine living, yet is down to earth and comfortable to be with.

A couple of minutes after I reached home, I got a message from him.

“Thanks for a wonderful Friday night. It was nice chatting with you. Would you mind meeting up again, maybe to catch a movie or something, anytime when you’re free?”

I wish to continue blogging about the topics we talked about and all that but too bad, it was just a DREAM! Bleh! The ending of the dream actually made me smile the whole day! I’m actually excited over an anonymous man who doesn’t exist? Haha…Gila!

The funny thing is, the dream really lasted the whole night and I could remember everything about him and the place we met (even though I really don’t know the location), even his features and other characteristics! OMG! *Nose bleed* Too bad I can’t remember his name! =(

So, I actually dated an anonymous smart looking doctor in my dream? Haha. Anyways, is that dream of mine an indication of something? Erm, maybe the next date is a doctor? Well, it’s not a bad idea! *Grins*

1 comment:

~Tiramisu~ said...

HAhaha...I wish I could really give the "date" a call too...

You have his name and contact number? HAha...maybe I should sleep more so that I could meet him in Dreamland ;P