Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Do you know what's going to happen tomorrow???

Yesterday morning, I had a big shock when my course mates showed me the newspapers. I saw a familiar looking face on the front page of the Chinese newspaper. I can’t read Chinese, so I thought it could possibly be a real big issue about someone since that the Chinese dailies always report on everything, so to speak.

“Do you remember this girl?” a course mate asked.

“She looks familiar. What happened to this girl?” I asked with the usual blur looks before the lecturer entered the hall.

“Oh….wait! Isn’t she the “super senior” (she was given this nickname previously) in our TITAS (Islamic studies) class?? I questioned the two guys who showed me the article at about 9 am.

Then I recalled. I’ll never forget this girl. She was in the same class with me during my second semester. She was in her final semester at that time when I got to know her accidentally. Well, I used the word “accidentally” because I inadvertently got her involved when I was in a big trouble. I made a silly mistake (The same situation AGAIN where I helped a course mate and I landed my own ass in hot soup! Well, it's not solely my course mate's fault actually...) and nearly got myself barred from taking the subject for that particular semester. In the worst-case scenario, I could have been sent to the students’ discipline council and MIGHT have been kicked out if they found me guilty for such a small stupid thing under the local public uni Students’ Disciplinary Acts. Arrghhh….long story ok! *Smiles sheepishly* See?? I’m not the type of girl that sticks to the rules like what my ex-schoolmates used to say! Keke….*sheesh* Damn tak tau malu! Oh…I’m a bad example!

So, I accidentally got her involved and had only uttered a word of sorry. I don’t know whether she heard my apology or not as I remembered she was in a hurry when I said it. Now, I really feel terrible. Just can’t seem to find the right words to describe the feeling. I really regret that I didn’t grab the opportunity to apologize to her when she was still around. I felt bad whenever I saw her in class after that incident but she seemed forgiving and even smiled to me. *Sigh*

Why?? Why must such a heinous thing happen to a sweet young girl like her??? Why is she not spared from the bastard??? It’s really saddening that a nice person like her who has just graduated last year died just like that. Why can’t that bastard leave her alone after fulfilling his uncontrollable animal lusts??? I know I can’t do anything to change the shocking news but hopefully, the rapist cum murderer would be brought to justice as soon as possible. I’m still feeling terrible. Feels like chopping off the bastard’s penis, feed him with it and stab him to death just the same way he did to the girl!!

So, do you know what’s going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month or next year?? : / Nobody knows. It’s scary to think that way. I guess, at this moment, it’s best to treasure and cherish everything we have now before it’s too late. That includes our loved ones and friends. Well, I reckon this excerpt from an article I read in the newspaper recently has its point.

“Gratitude is a very simple concept. If we’re not grateful for what we have, it will never be enough – or good enough. When we don’t feel grateful for our lives and for the people in them – and when we don’t articulate and share that appreciation – our loved ones and others feel it and know it. If you are able to incorporate a deep sense of gratitude into your life, you’ll notice an enormous difference. All it usually takes is looking at things a little differently. Instead of the flaws, focus on the beauty. Marvel at the gift of being alive.”

I don’t know what’s going to happen later or tomorrow. Heh! This isn’t a will or a suicide note! Don’t even think of it, silly!

Oh this might sound a little corny, so bear with it ok? I’m not like this all the time! Hehe…Anyways, I’m taking this opportunity to thank my beloved family members, Dad, Mum, and Bro for the never-ending support and love. Muaks! And to my dear friends (you know who you are! =P), thanks for being there for me when I needed you most! Thanks for everything!!! Damn…I’m so touched! *wipes away tears*




No comments: