Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Doctor Quack

My ears are blocked. My nose is slightly blocked. I can't speak or pronounce words accurately due to the latter. *sigh* And yet, some friends said my voice is sexy! *rolls eyes* Poor me...I'm sick!!

It all started on last Thursday when my "dear" roommate fell ill. The contagious virus of hers seeks revenge in me for blogging about her! Heh...nonsense! I went to see a doctor at my uni's clinic or the mini hospital there but it seems that I'm not a good doctor. Yes, I mentioned I was the doctor coz I detected my own sickness and prescribed my own medications.

My first childhood ambition is just the same like many others, which is to be a doctor. I pondered upon the ambition issue too much and finally chickened out as I don't want to spend 7 years of studies just to be a doctor until I become a "Lou Ku Poh" and opt for the Arts or Vocational Stream instead. So, I grabbed the opportunity to be a "doctor" when I went to my uni's clinic. Don't believe me??? Just read the following conversation.

Me: Selamat pagi, doctor.

Doc: Selamat pagi. Kamu pelajar baru ke??

Me: Bukan. Saya pelajar lama.

Doc: Oh. Jadi, kamu sakit apa?

Me
: Saya sakit dada sakit kepala demam.

Doc
: Serius tak? Ada kahak (phlegm)?

Me
: Ya. Ada.

Doc
: Sudah berapa hari?

Me
: Dua hari.

Doc
: Jadi, nak makan ubat apa???

Me
: ......Erm......perlukah saya makan antibiotik??

Doc
: Rasanya, kamu tidak perlu makan antibiotik.

Me
: ......Kalau begitu, bagi saya Paracetamol, Clarityne, Dequadine lozenges and Phensedyl. (I'm not a pharmacist but I'm quite familiar with the names of different types of drugs. Thanks to mum!)


The doctor gave me the exact medicines I requested but after so many days, I'm still sick. *sigh* Looks like I'm not a good doctor, after all!



No comments: