Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The mirrors of our lives

My eyes were glued to the idiot box while watching the TVB serials. Out of nowhere, I saw myself in there!

Oh no! I didn't act in the drama. I wasn't even dreaming of acting in one but I really saw something that reminds me of myself. The female character in the drama was in a dilemma...and it got me thinking. The bloody drama on TV is really a mirror of my own life!

Her situation was so much like mine, both current and possible future situations. I wouldn't elaborate much on that but I told myself I don't want that situation to happen to me when the time comes. Never. Then, I recalled the horoscope thingy I read when I was younger. Is it really going to be that way? Do I even have a choice if it was predestined?

This is not the only drama that reminds me of my own situation. The other two dramas I watched the other day brought the same conclusion. And currently, my own cousin sister who's married is going through the situation I fear most. Am I living in a world of reality or am I still wandering around, unaware of the harsh realities of life? Am I still in a self-denial stage? Even some of the blogs I frequent have posts of similar situations. It's just like a hidden message to me regarding something, which I'm not quite sure. Is that merely a blind coincidence?

And the most important question is, "Do we have the power to control or decide everything??" Sadly to say, we only have a limited power to control certain things in our lives. I wish I could decide everything in my life, but sometimes, I reckon it's better to leave certain things alone and follow the flow as fated. But, what if I really choose to decide certain things and it unfortunately ends with a big regret? It would be worse as the decision I made have destroyed everything. Isn't that a sign that we're the actual creator of the devils in ourselves?? Oh what a bitch!!


No comments: