Thursday, August 18, 2005

Red+ white+ blue + yellow = waste time

Do you like those colours?? Whether you like them or not, you still have to accept those colours as the warna Jalur Gemilang. Every year, particularly during the month of August, everyone those lousy-nothing-else-better-to-do people would show their love for our country in a stupid way. Just because Pak Lah said we must fly the national flag, that doesn’t mean that we need to make or produce a flag by ourselves!

So, tell me, what are the advantages of producing (drawing and colouring) our national flag??? Do I become much more smarter? NO. Do I feel proud and happy to be a Malaysian just because I draw and paint the flag?? No. As I need not be proud and happy just because of producing a national flag by myself. Do I become much more patriotic??? NO coz I won’t be able to instill patriotism in myself in such a lousy way. Besides, I think I’m patriotic enough and I believe that patriotism should come from the heart, and not by forcing people to draw and colour the flag.

You know, maybe it’s a fact that lousy people has got a different ‘chip’ in his or her brain! If not, I wouldn’t be forced to draw and colour an A4 size, two-sided national flag by my faculty. Just because it’s compulsory, I wasted 3 farking hours doing it. I could have read lots of chapters, finished my assignments, thought about more strategies for my business plan competition, slept and entered dreamland to meet my Mr.Right, daydreamed and blah, blah, blah with those 2 hours!! Damn…I could even blog more than 5 articles in those 3 hours!

Now only I understand why our govt is struggling to instill patriotism in the younger generations. It’s because lousy people kept coming out with the same old suggestion of drawing and painting our national flag, like as if that idea really works! Besides, I realized that many people don’t really know the actual meaning of flying a flag. Last year, I saw a man ‘menyidai bendera’ instead of mengibarkan bendera. So, are we showing our respect to our country’s flag simply by just ‘hanging’ a flag outside our house or anywhere else?? It’s really a shame to know that most people don’t even know how many red and white stripes our flag has.

Lousy so-called patriotic people! Ptuii…at least I dare to say that I’m patriotic and that I’m clear with the background of Malaysia and also the national flag itself even though I don’t walk around with ‘bendera yang digantung’ and not bendera yang dikibarkan. Thanks to the uniform society that I joined back in Secondary school. What?? You still can’t differentiate the meaning of ‘menyidai’, ‘menggantung’ and ‘mengibar’??? Awww…poor thing! You must have flunked your BM paper in the SPM… Maybe, you should carry a Kamus Dewan along each time you visit the toilet for a chocolate cake business, memorize everything until you are done with the cake production. C’mon, you’re a Malaysian but you don’t even know how to speak simple BM??? Shame on you…

*Actually, I have the pics of my flag but this bloody lab has got some problems. Damn...so, I'll just post up this article without the pics. Maybe some other time ok...

No comments: