Monday, July 24, 2006

Zero gravity

I attended a seminar on Saturday morning and surprisingly, when it ended, I felt like I was flying. It was a feeling as though my feet were lifted off the ground, and my body experienced zero gravity pull. That was a tad exaggerating but somehow, I really felt that way. How often do you dream or daydream until you experience what I mentioned?

It wasn’t a motivational seminar. It was just a talk on the pre-registration for industrial training but I was transported into another year, with the images of myself at an unfamiliar place with new faces, new surrounding, everything new around me. What the speaker said during the three-hour talk had sort of awaken yours truly that, it’s almost time to leave the comfortable status of being a student. Each final year student who attended the talk needs to think of where they’re heading to after concluding the six semesters in Uni. And, I am just the same. I need to think of where I want to do my industrial training so that I could register once the registration period starts.

As expected, all sorts of uncertainties are attached to whichever decision made. Besides local companies, we’re allowed to apply for training abroad too but the requirements are definitely tighter. So, I’m actually considering all these, which is to grab both opportunities concurrently. The highest authority of the Industrial Training department would be the one to select a company for training attachment for each student. So, in other words, I have no choice but to leave it to fate, so to speak. Hopefully, I’ll get a good company where it would be a stepping-stone to practice, learn and upgrade myself to further stages in life.

Speaking of hope, I read something interesting the other day. It says that HOPE forms an acrostic for Honest Optimism based on Personal Efforts. Oh dear! I’m running out of time. I’ll blog more about HOPE next time. Ciao.


No comments: