Monday, June 04, 2007

Anti-kids cineplexes

Kids under the age of 12 (or maybe 10) should be banned from entering a cinema, unless they don't behave like monkeys!

I know this sounds discriminating and I might be complaining against this irrelevant regulation when I have my own kids next time, but hey, who would like catching a movie at the cinema together with annoying monkeys? Erm, I actually like kids (The well-behaved ones, of course!) but when some parents who lack proper parenting skills (and obviously have no cow sense!) decided to bring along their chimpanzees, the cinema would eventually turn into a zoo!

These are the things I experienced previously at a few cineplexes. I was so engrossed with a scene in the movies when...

* A monkey decided to scream, "Mummmmyyyy!! I want milk-milk!"

* An inquisitive monkey used up all the vocabulary in his little brain to ask annoying questions like, "Where is Spiderman?", "Where is Mr.Bean?", "Where is Mummy?", "Where is orang gila?", etc. (Those were just the "where" questions. The little monster continued with the "who" and "why" questions after that.)

* A cute monkey decided to comb my hair....of all things, with her sticky hands! Eeeuuww...(She had some popcorn in her other hand!)

* A monkey decided to steal the limelight as he started singing irritating songs he learned from Barney and friends.

* The wails of a baby monkey (This is obviously the inconsiderate mother's fault!)

* An irresponsible father gave the little monkey his handphone to play with. (The mobile was not even on silent mode!)

* The running commentary mother. She told her kids what happened to the hero in the movie with intervals of every few minutes.


Those were just a few examples of monkeys in the cinema. So, monkeys should be banned from entering cinemas. Only well-behaved kids deserve to enter.


5 comments:

Huei said...

i SOOOOOO agree!!

Anonymous said...

wow..you have actually encounter so many events...i have no problem with the kids b4

Anonymous said...

i understand kids do have the tendency of doing like what u said but imagine sitting behind a couple who just can't stop smooching. there's one time i saw a girl about in her early twenties giving a kick to the patron in front of her for making loads of noise and yes they were kids. the parents didn't notice but the kid kept quiet after that :P

~Tiramisu~ said...

Huei,
Haha...finally I have someone who agrees with me

wahlau.net,
Maybe u shud join me when I catch a movie. I'm always "suey" enough to meet monkeys in the cinema! Grrr...

~Tiramisu~ said...

Satkuru,
Hehe...u mentioned smth I forgot to blog abt. The smooching part is one of those things I encountered too. Aiyo, I'm really damn "suey" each time I decide to catch a movie.