Thursday, June 14, 2007

How a number makes you happy

I just got out from the meeting room when one of my Uni course mates messaged me on MSN.

"Result is out. Check it now!"

I knew I didn't do quite well in one of the papers during my final exam. So I was hesitating whether to check it in the office or not. I was afraid that my CGPA would go down. I was afraid that my result would affect my mood at work. Even though I've already gotten a job, I'm still hoping that I could at least maintain my pointer so that I don't need to pay back for the National Higher Education Fund's (better known as PTPTN) loan.

For hours and hours, I made myself busy at work and I totally forgot about the issue. When I reached home, the first thing I did was to log in to my Uni's portal to check on it.

I took a deep breath. It felt like a "do-or-die" situation. I clicked on it and what I saw was truly surprising. I thought I saw the wrong thing. I pinched myself but I saw the same thing. I couldn't believe my own eyes. So I dragged Dad and Bro to see it. They saw the same thing.

It is confirmed that I don't need to pay back for my PTPTN loan anymore. It has been converted to a scholarship automatically. Not only that, I will be wearing a gold medal during my convocation ceremony! (Look! I'm not bragging but I'm just too....erm, happy and surprised! Hehe)

*beaming from ear to ear*


14 comments:

Observer said...

Congrats....what subject u major ?

~Tiramisu~ said...

Freethinker,
It's technology management. Bet u never heard of it huh? HEhe.

Damn I'm still smiling away from last nite's effect!

Observer said...

Heard of it.... try u, heard of actuarial science.

~Tiramisu~ said...

Freethinker,
Hey, actuarial science is quite common these days. Is that ur major?

Observer said...

oups..u r one of the rare ones I don't have a painful experience explaining what it is..

Yeah.

Antabax said...

congrats.

VerNch said...

How the hell not to pay back the PTPTN loan?! damn, i don't think im that good, i owe them 15K.

Anonymous said...

(same as above)
Congrats.

~Tiramisu~ said...

Antabax,
Hey thanks! :)

Vernch,
Hehe. If u get 1st class honours, u don't have to pay back...but the PTPTN ppl r damn smart. U hv to send a written letter to inform them. Otherwise, they will act dumb and u hv to pay back everything.

742,
Hi there. Thanks! :)

Josette said...

Wow, no need pay back PTPTN loan? 1st class honours? Looks like I gotta study real HARD. I'm thinking of applying for the loan.

~Tiramisu~ said...

Josette,
You don't need to think of applying. Once you enter a local Uni, everyone is encouraged to apply for it. And I mean everyone, even a Datuk's daughter!

But at the moment, I'm still unsure whether the system is still applicable, whereby 1st class honours students don't need to pay back...will have to check about it though.

Josette said...

Oh, so we only apply for it when we enter uni? Not now?

And okay, thanks! I'll check it out.

~Tiramisu~ said...

Josette,
Don't worry so much dear. You will have the chance to fill up the PTPTN form...usually during the orientation week.

Anyways, if u have further questions regarding PTPTN or anything abt Uni life, u could send me an email and we'll talk abt them. Cheers! :)

Josette said...

Hahaha! Thanks ah! Cos my friend SMSed me about the PTPTN stuff and then got date (28, 29 June) some more, I thought it might be the deadline or something. Hopefully not!