Saturday, June 23, 2007

When you bump into your high school crush

How often do you bump into the same person a few times in a week?

It was Tuesday night when I joined a colleague's farewell dinner/gathering with the other colleagues at a restaurant in a famous fishing village. I was enjoying my meal (Fyi, eight types of seafood!!) when I noticed there was a pair of eyes looking my way. I looked up and saw a familiar face.

Damn. It was K, one of my high school crushes. Erm, have I told you before that I sometimes suspect I have a serious disease - I fall for people easily, particularly those who meets my requirements. (But, I didn't have any specific requirements yet back then) *shy* Anyways, he still looked very much the same but I doubt he could recognize me. After all, yours truly is no longer the ugly-looking, naive girl with inflamed and pimply skin, and thick glasses. Hehe. But, I acted dumb as though I didn't know who he was. Well, it's obviously humiliating to meet back an old crush by chance, especially when he knew every bit about the infatuation. It was a quite hot gossip back at high school. So paiseh.

I thought I wouldn't meet K anymore after Tuesday night but guess what? I bumped into him again when I went out for lunch on Wednesday. It was a large hawker food center with more than 50 stalls but I saw him there. Our eyes met but again, I acted dumb and just walked pass him. I believed I won't meet him by chance anymore, but the third time happened within a week. I bumped into him again this afternoon when I went out for lunch. Aihhh....I have nothing else to say now. This is so weird.

Anyways, apart from feeling weird, how did I feel and what was in my mind when I saw K?

Possible Answers:
A) Gosh! He still looks good!
B) Damn, was I blind? How could I fall for this guy for 2-3 years' long when he is soooo short, skinny and small built?
C) *look-look, see-see* ...no feeling at all...Puppy love is stupid.
D) None of the above.
E) ___________ (Please specify)


So which is the right answer?

No comments: