Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Foreigner

Yesterday, I was forced to attend a talk on the application of negotiation skills in a challenging world. Both local and foreign students attended the talk that was held at the Convention Centre. I went and was quite convinced by the speaker, the Dean of the business and economics faculty from University of Management and Technology, Pakistan. Well, he was a great speaker who managed to impress the audience but this article is not about him.

When it was about 12.30pm, we went for a free lunch at one of the rooms. While enjoying my meal with two other course mates, a foreign student suddenly approached us me, asking whether he could snap a photo with me. I wanted to say no, but I didn’t. Since that I have always been a great ambassador for our beloved country, I agreed with a request of including my course mates in the photo shoot.

After that, the international student from Libya, who’s currently doing his masters here, chatted with us. Even though my course mates were also in the conversation, he was obviously staring at me, and not them. Gosh!! I usually look into people’s eyes when I talk to them but this time, I was too chicken to even generate any electrocution power into his eyes. He’s quite tall and smart looking but he’s a Muslim from an Arabic country ok! Would you really consider someone like him? Bad idea huh!

When he suddenly asked whether I’m still single and available, I was dumbstruck!! WHAT??? Come again?? Without even thinking for a single second, I showed him my left hand, with a ring worn on my middle finger. And I just smiled weirdly. OMG!! Luckily I was wearing a ring at that time. If not, I would have to come out with lame excuses and funny stories to stop this foreigner from approaching me!

Come to think of it again, I find it hilarious! What would happen to me if I had told him that I’m still single and available?? Haha!! Ai sehh!! Not bad man! A fat b*tch like me, with a so-cannot-make-it look can also attract has been attracting more and more men lately, just that these men are either weird, funny or short! Oh well, at least I’m still able to attract men, right? I think I’ll just take it as a compliment! Kekeke…

No comments: