Sunday, October 30, 2005

Love is blind, stupid and dumb

I guess the title says it all. Do you agree with that statement?

I met an ex-schoolmate while strolling at a nearby hypermart after a heavy meal just now. I got to know her in Form 6. Although we were not in the same class, I could still remember her. Somehow, it was merely a "Hi and bye" situation. She was there with her boyfriend. Guess what? Her man (boy) was the guy who worked in the gent's department when I worked part-time at that place after SPM. I know there's nothing wrong with the guy but mind you, he's three years her junior!

Well, age is not really the main issue here. But come to think of it again, the title of this article does make sense. Seriously, many male friends have been asking me a question for the past few years. They've been asking me this question, over and over again. "What do girls really want in a man?"

So, according to what we (girls) really want in a man, I don't think my ex-schoolmate would choose that guy (or boy). Based on common sense, would you really choose someone like him?? It's not a matter of being materialistic, but most women call it security. Put the wealth or money issue aside first. We are talking about security, as in a man who has a steady job, or better still a promising career.

So, does my title make any sense to you now?? That ex-schoolmate of mine is a university student who has a bright future, but her boyfriend is a school dropout.... Please don't get me wrong. It's not that I despise school dropouts but is there any possibility between the two of them??? Oh come on, be realistic ok! Isn't that kind of relationship a waste of time??? OMG!! Love is really blind, stupid and dumb!

Whatever it is...I'm not jealous ok. Why should I be??? He's just a boy. Okie, I admit it!!! I'm just a bloody choosy bitch who happens to be so busybody! Haha...


No comments: