Thursday, October 27, 2005

Open your eyes bigger please!

I was in the lift of my apartment block when an innocent looking retarded boy got in. He was wearing a bright orange coloured T-shirt which bore the monogram: Eden Handicapped Centre (Recycling Team). So, I got the idea that this fella was here to collect old newspapers, as usual.

He got into the lift with a big trolley. As I was standing next to the level indicator or 'lift buttons', whatever you called it, he politely asked me to press number five which means 5th floor.

"AUNTIE, please press number five for me....Auntie??? Auntie?? Thank you!"

Initially, I was really reluctant to help him. If I were to help him, it simply means that I admit I'm an auntie! Bloody hell...I got no choice at all. There were no one else in the lift besides that innocent 'boy' (He doesn't look like a boy to me! He's very tall!!), an old uncle and I. I wanted to act stupid, or pretend to be deaf, BUT how could I do this to a retarded boy???? He kept calling me until I responded! Damn!!

When I helped him to press number five, the old uncle was heard giggling away. Damn pai seh nia! I wanted so much to ask that boy, "Do I really look like an auntie???" I just went downstairs to throw rubbish ok! I need not don my high heels or put on make up or whatsoever!

Does wearing spectacles with a tied-up unmanageable look of frizzy hair tell you that a person is an auntie??? *Sheesh* (Knocks head against the wall)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too wonder whether u really look like an auntie... =P

~Tiramisu~ said...

I repeat....I am not an auntie, and i don't look like one! haha... =P