Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I can't stop smiling!!!

Yesterday was a day full of satisfaction. I’ve never felt such contentment before and I was obviously seen smiling, stretching from my left ear to the right, to almost everyone I met! I slept with a smile too! LOL…

After slogging for about 4 weeks on the Business Plan Competition organized by a real estate company, the efforts and hard work have finally paid off. Even though there was an idiot who had done almost nothing, we (three mighty corporate women) had successfully come up with a professional business plan of 60 over pages. This project has truly exposed us to the real business experience. At the end of the day, we were named The Best Undergraduate Group in the competition! And the best part was the announcement made during the prize giving ceremony after the presentation sessions.

“This group (my group) is not only the best undergraduate group but they’ve also beaten 13 other groups of students pursuing their masters. Unfortunately, they only managed to secure the 11th placing behind 10 other groups of masters’ students with a slight difference of 0.3 points in the total score compared to the 10th group. BUT, this group has truly proven to all of us that they (the undergraduates) too can perform better than the students of postgraduate studies.”

OMG!!! Until now, I’m still exhilarated even though we didn’t really win any big prize as the cash prizes were only meant for the top three groups. It was really satisfactory that I managed to achieve something from this competition through countless efforts and cooperation with my two other friends. It was really a great challenge and I personally enjoyed the adrenalin rush when we were slogging on this project. No matter how, I still consider myself a winner as I’ve done my best to reach the target. Oh, I’m so happy! Anyways, I was the CEO of my group in this project. So does that mean that I have the capabilities to be a future CEO???? Hehehe…




It took us the whole day to wait for the prize giving ceremony. I spent hours ‘enjoying’ the presentation sessions conducted by the top 10 groups. Some of them were quite interesting while the rest were dull. But, I had a temporary entertainment through out the day. My eyes had a ‘feast’ yesterday!! It feels good to be surrounded by smart people, especially the intelligent career-minded men!

There was one who’s so smart looking that I can’t stop staring at him for the whole day! He looks like he’s about 25 years old, neat and tidy, fresh and smart looking, not sissy, not skinny and has a very professional look. OMG!!! He’s so cool and stylish! Unfortunately, I couldn’t electrocute his eyes as he was sitting at another side of the hall. I think he’s hot but my friends think that I have a weird taste, which is quite true. They classified him as very plain looking but I was so fascinated to see him that I couldn’t be bothered with what my friends were yakking about. Well, I guess looks can be deceiving cuz I’ve met lots of brainless leng chais. So, being handsome alone is rather useless if a man is a ding-dong! Anyways, this bloke’s group got third! See?? Brainy men have their own attractions!

While eyeing him, there was a smart looking Indian man who kept me and my friends entertained. He was sitting in front of me and couldn’t tolerate some of the boring presentations. So, he turned to the back and chatted with me us almost the whole day, except for the time when it was his turn to present his group’s project. He was quite friendly, talkative and could be seen very excited about this project. He himself was amazed with my group’s performance that he couldn’t stop asking about the whole thing.

There’s another one who was obviously staring at me all the time. I don’t know whether he was interested in me or that he found my friends and I irritating as we were quite noisy. So, maybe he got pissed off but when we were quietly paying attention to one of the interesting presentations, he was still looking at me! I told my friends in Hokkien, “What the hell is he looking at?? Look some more and I’ll ‘scoop’ his eyes out! Hehe…” Later, I found that this tall and moderate looking fella is also from Penang. Shit!!! He must have known what I said earlier. OMG!! Anyways, this intelligent fella who was the CEO of his group emerged as the overall winner. WOW!!!

So, I guess it’s not only about the satisfaction gained from the competition. It’s also the great feeling being surrounded by brainy people. Yes, I find it enticing to be encircled by intelligent people, both men and women. Most importantly, these people exude professional characters and they speak fluent English. Well, it’s not an obsession towards intelligent, English speaking people but you’ll understand if you come over here, to my university. It’s rather difficult to find anyone who speaks fluent English that can be considered as professional and intelligent as well. Well, maybe it’s because I’m English educated. It’s not that I despise other people or that I’m an expert in the language, but I find it a great turn off if someone can’t speak fluent English. You get the idea.

Ok, back to the topic! I'm very happy and contented!!! Please kill me to stop me from bloating due to too much of excitement and satisfaction! Gosh! I’m still smiling, this time to a computer! If I don’t stop, I might be sent to the Hospital Bahagia at Tanjung Rambutan soon! Haha…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mebbe u should try joining The Apprentice... failing that, I heard that there's a china version of the show called "The Intern"... kekeke =P