Saturday, February 03, 2007

. . .

You know, at times I do wonder whether is it really so good to be different as compared to the others around me. I'm not complaining nor am I disatisfied with myself. It's just that, at times everything around us can be so confusing.

We're often aware of the ugly realities of life, but we choose to shut our ears and stay in the comfort of self-denial, sometimes just by being naive or acting dumb, thinking that we won't be a part of the ugliness...but no matter how much I ignore it, I still can't stop myself from seeing or even hearing about the ugly sides of life. I know I can't run away from the ugliness around me but one seriously need a big strength and faith to continue life while being surrounded by such things.

Greed and temptation are indeed man's two worst weaknesses. I'm truly ashamed that another friend of mine gave in to those weaknesses and joined many other bastards in honour. Even though it has nothing to do with me, I somehow feel that what he told me has indeed affected my mood. The world can sometimes be an ugly and dirty place. I do not wish to be reminded on that. All the things I've heard, seen and experienced over the months and years can truly justify what I just said. It is indeed an ugly place. I probably need shades to cover my eyes from seeing more. I'm getting sick and tired with all that. Enough is enough.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the world can be cold, dark and cruel but there are often the little things and miracles that are God sent to help us thru the day:)

~Tiramisu~ said...

Hehe...you're probably God sent, Mae! Anyway, thanks a lot. Glad to know there's still some light amidst the darkness. :)