Friday, February 16, 2007

Certain things you shouldn't say or ask me before and during CNY

Before CNY:

1) Have you bought CNY clothes? (Five friends asked me this question today! Gahh...) (Duhh... I don't need to buy new clothes just for the sake of CNY. Do you only buy clothes once a year?)

2) How did you celebrate Valentine's Day? (Ask me again if you're giving me a bouquet of white lily and chocs. Nuff' said.)

3) Can I go to your house for CNY? (Obviously no unless you want to be "suey" for the next 316 days of 2007)


During CNY:

1) When are you getting married / Where is your partner? (The older generations just love to ask this question. This year, my answer for this question would be, I'm having a problem in selecting which candidate to bring back home)

2) How did you celebrate you # day of CNY? (Nothing much. Just eat, sleep and shit. The three things I don't get to enjoy much when I'm at Uni.)

3) Ehhh...what's that on your face? Very stressful to be in final year huh? / Lots of nice food in Uni huh? You look prosperous! / What happened to your hair? (Please include any other lame questions here.)

4) I received a total of RM500 on the first day of CNY. How many red packets did you get so far? (This is obviously another stoooopid question. Is there a need to compare? Well, of course there is a big need to compare if you were really that immature. Sigh.)

Will update again if I could think of any other things I don't want to hear. Ciao.

**Oops. I've forgotten something very important. Here's wishing all of you (if there's anyone reading this blog!) a very Happy Chinese New Year. May the year of the boar brings you lots of luck, happiness, health, wealth, love and everything else!

Gong Xi Fa Cai. Kung Hey Fatt Choy. Keong Hee Huat Chai. Selamat Tahun Baru Cina. Happy Chinese New Year. :)


2 comments:

VerNch said...

yeah man.. that is so damn right.. damn fucking bored with these stupid questions sometimes. When u go to relative's wedding dinner, they'll ask for the same thing as well.

"What are your visions arh this year?" I wanna sell butt earn more money arh can or not? MCB..

~Tiramisu~ said...

Hey Vern...Haha...didn't know u experience the same thing also each year.

Well, I guess we still need to get used to the stupid questions until they (noisy aunties and uncles) go six feet underground (Oops) or the day we tie the knot (which is obviously ages to go!) Haha

Anyway, Happy CNY Vern! :)