Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How much do you trust the people around you?

Trustworthy has always been an issue since don't know when. Maybe, it's just me or generally, we're all like that. Seriously, I admit that having too much of doubts on other people's intentions is not good, but do you really trust them? I don't think so.

This so-called problem could be due to the fact that it has been embedded in our brains since young, that we should not trust strangers, cannot simply believe in what others say, etc. etc. Oh, speaking of strangers, even the dearest friend of ours were once a stranger. So, do you actually believe in him or her?

Being doubtful isn't a good habit but do you really believe that those peeps around you aren't sticking around just to get something back in return? Say, maybe they have some kind of hidden agendas in mind, whatever it could be. Personally, I've experienced it. Some so-called friends would be extra friendly and caring when they need something from you.

There's an idiot who once treated me like a princess in the University, telling the whole campus of students that we were an item and bla bla bla...and you know what he wanted? He needed a girl, or anyone who is stupid enough to do all the assignments for him and take down notes for him. Haa...just too bad that he got the wrong catch! Now, there's a blind girl doing everything for him while he's out there enjoying himself with a much prettier girl, who is smart of course! Well, that's just a simple example. In fact, there are more to list out but I guess I'll just cut them short.

These people around you be it male or female, could possibly have something in their minds. It's the hidden agenda. They could be eyeing on your wealth (or money if you're not rich enough), free food, free movies, sex, just anything. So, does it mean that we're actually leading a life where we would use each other to accomplish certain targets? That sounds scary but life's like that. But, there's an exception. If you're willingly used or would like to offer help to the peeps around you, and feel good each time after they thank you, then it's definitely a different story altogether.

After yakking so much on this topic, I'm back to the question. Do you really trust the peeps around you? Seriously, I don't. I only believe that some of them are truly sincere. I heard you asking, "What about the rest?" Yea. The rest could possibly be numbnuts who either want my body, heart or brain. And you ask why am I always so choosy and skeptical, now go figure it out yourself!


No comments: