Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back to civilization for less than 24 hours

Last Saturday, I went back to Penang after attending a completely useless, non-beneficial and time-consuming co-curriculum. If it were not because of the 4 credit hours that I needed to collect as a pre-requisite to graduate, I wouldn’t drag my ass to attend that class, of which I’m the only pig there. Being a poor lonely pig, surrounded by penguins, cobras and sheep in a stupid class is not a good idea. Aarrgghhh…. I just hate Saturdays, thanks to that bloody so-called compulsory activity!

Attending a 2-hour class conducted as early as 8.30am on Saturdays makes me schmuck. The duration of 2 hours in that super boring class is similar to that of 2 days! Gosh!!!! Waiting for every second and minute to pass is just like waiting to enter hell. Stupid co-curriculum! I wonder which idiot suggested and implemented it…I just feel like strangling that idiot until he or she becomes breathless, gasping for oxygen and next, I’ll squash the tiny can’t-think-of-anything-else-better-to-do brain until I get a liter of ‘brain juice’! BLAH!! That juice would be useless to me as I wouldn’t want to be an idiot, I’d rather drink Vodka!

Anyway, after a hectic journey back, I accompanied my brother to Gurney Plaza for a shop. The only cool and high-class shopping mall in the island was quite crowded even though some parts of the building were still under construction. There were lots of chicks for brother to scope at but too bad; there were very few ‘fishes’ to feed my hungry eyes. So, I focused more on shopping. As we were heading to the escalator, I saw a lady with a big plastic bag with the word “NOSE”. I didn’t know that my favourite yet affordable brand for high heels has a shop at Gurney.

“OMG!!! Nose is in Gurney?? I got to find that shop!!”

So, we went searching for the shop, and I found it. I went into Nose, dragging my brother along as he has quite good taste in selecting high heels. Yes!! I saw a nice olive green slip-on. I tried it but it was quite tight. So, I asked for a sales assistant’s help politely, asking her to find me the same slip-on with a size bigger. She went inside the storeroom to search for what I wanted but eventually got kidnapped by an alien for quite some time! It took her ‘years’ to come out with 2 boxes of wrong heels! When she realized that she brought me the wrong slip-on, I just stared at her while she told me in a stupid tone, “Ehhh…how come wrong shoe wan?” Then, she just walked away with a bloody look on her face like as if her mother forced her to work there and to find the perfect Cinderella shoes for me! WTH?? I didn’t even say anything. Neither did she. Not even a word of sorry. No manners at all!

A customer is always right, so I just sat there and waited for ‘years’ again…but she didn’t come out from the storeroom. Well, I didn’t care what happened to her in there, whether she got laid or shit in her pants, ALL I WANTED IS THE SIZE FOR THE SLIP-ON I ASKED FOR!!! Damn!! I got pissed off and just walked out of the shop. I followed brother to Studio R where he bought himself a pair of sport shoes with striking colours. I walked around the whole shop, searching for baby-Ts as a replacement to what I didn’t get from Nose. After all, it would be an advantage to get something from Studio R as brother planned to use credit card to pay for his shoes. Hehe, that means whatever I choose from that shop will be charged under his credit card bills. YAY!!



Shit! Was it a pure bad luck or what? I found a few baby-Ts but no M size! Damn…I could actually fit into an S size but it would be too body hugging to be worn in the jungle. I wouldn’t want to attract monkeys! So, no free baby-T for me. L Most of the time, I only buy things when I have the mood to shop. And yes, I had the mood to shop on that day, so no matter how, “I WANT THAT SLIP-ON”!! So, we went back to Nose, and I took the slip-on that I wanted and asked another pleasant looking middle-aged lady to search for a new pair for me. She came out from the storeroom within seconds. Finally!! The slip-on was perfect. Just love its colour! Yes, I bought it with 101% of satisfaction, with an over-exaggerating smile on my face, which dragged, from my right ear to the left!


The next moment, I heard noises! I felt hungry, as it was 7pm already. So, time for dinner. We went to Gurney Place and decided to dine at Fish & Co. The interior of the restaurant was quite romantic. Guess it would be a perfect place for a date but too bad, I went there with brother lah. Anyway, we ordered one set of Sweet ‘n’ Sour Fish and another of Peri-peri Prawns. As for the drinks, we chose Deep Sea and Passionade. After the scrumptious meal, we enjoyed those specially mixed alcoholic drinks until we both blushed. A little Bombay Sapphire in Deep Sea and Vodka in Passionade really make a difference to those drinks. Mmmmm… *salivate*


The less than 24 hours spent in civilization was really worth it. Well, I’ll definitely go back to the Pearl of the Orient as frequent as possible, probably every week if given the chance to do so.

1 comment:

CheezyCakeCraver said...

Nose is already in gurney even before ur back la... u'll see more new shops when the renovations are done.. outdated lo......