Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So near yet so far

As I was listening to Josh Groban's 'You raise me up', you suddenly came back into my mind. I haven't thought of you for quite some time already, but I definitely know that no matter how you'll have a special place at a corner of my heart. When I think of you, tears would sometimes well up my eyes. I could still feel the strong influence you had on me. You were my inspiration when I was down. You came into my life at the right time, when I was truly shut off by the harsh realities of life.

You brought me lots of happiness and excitement though it was just a short period of time. I could still remember the contents of every single sms that you sent me. It was amazing to know that you had sent me 270 smses in just a week. When I had high fever, flu and coughs, you showed endless care for me. You reminded me thousands and millions of times to get enough rest, to cover myself and stay warm under the blanket and to take medicines at the right time. When I lost my voice due to a sore throat, you kept me company and reduced my boredom by talking non-stop on the phone while listening to my husky voice. I knew that you were not the talkative type, but I really love to hear your voice, when you talked just about anything to me.

When I went for a holiday, you prayed for me. You made sure that you keep in touch with me throughout the whole journey until I reached the destination safely. Eventhough I'm a Buddhist (I believe in Christianity too since young), you had guided and taught me the wonderful things in life. You showed me how much Jesus loves all of us through that movie directed by John Travolta. I would never forget that time, when I cried non-stop while watching The Passion of Christ.

In my whole lifetime, you were the most perfect (no one's perfect actually, including him!) man I've ever known. You stole my heart from the very beginning of our friendship. You were my guy type and you still are. I went jumping around the house happily when you told me that I match the criteria of your girl type. It's really great to know that we have so many things in common, that I boast to everyone about you, telling them that we have 95% things in common. You agreed that it was an Excellent Coincidence (EC) that we have the same attitude and trait, share the same interests, have the same mindset in many issues, have a great passion in different types of food and many other uncountable things. (The EC between us was so obvious that we could hardly believe that the both of us really exist in this world. I even jokingly told him that he was too fake to be real!)

When you told me about your job and asked for my opinion whether to do Masters, CIM or Real Estate Agents Examination, I was really overjoyed that you share your future plans with me. When you told me that you dislike lizards, I burst out laughing non-stop as I know that we would have a big trouble dealing with those ugly reptiles coz I hate them too. I still remember about the jewels and brown stones that you told me about. You reminded me that sometimes we meet nice people and they eventually become jewels in our lives but when we meet people who are not-so-nice, they will be the brown stones. Men seldom talk about their family members or the other people in their lives. I truly appreciate it when you told me about your parents and brother.

When I went to Coffee Bean recently, the Caramel Latte reminded me of you. I couldn't resist ordering it as its strong aroma of coffee would blend nicely with the memories of you. I've never really thought about issues like marriage and kids before, but you brought up the topic. Yes, I agree that most women would dream of marrying someone she truly loves and loves her in return somewhere in the future. That includes me but amongst all the men or male friends that I've known so far, none of them have made me think of a topic like this. I've never imagined or fantasized about any of these men being my other half but you managed to enter my brain. I admit that I've thought of you as my other half before, with two beautiful kids and our beloved Golden Retriever. It must be your character that made me dream of you as the perfect father to my kids. (Gosh!! I'm getting too carried away already!)

After months of silence, I still don't know why things didn't work out between us. Life has been so different and empty without your calls and smses. It's really a great disappointment to know that we are actually not meant for each other after realizing the EC between us. At first, I blamed myself for no particular reason (I didn't do anything wrong actually). I knew that someone has to be responsible when something doesn't turn out successful. Then, I blamed it on fate and God, for playing with my feelings and making my life unfair since young. I felt really miserable at that time. Now, all that's left is you, the memories of you, being kept at a corner of my heart. I still don't know why things didn't work out between us. It MIGHT be a lame reason or excuse that you were just not that into me but I'll never forget those words you said and also the care and attention you gave me. All I can do now is to pray and hope for the best in life for you. Just hope that you will always be happy with both, your life and work. Hopefully, you'll find your other half soon.

"Fate determines who comes into our lives, heart determines who stays"

"A sad thing about life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go"


Read here and here for more stories.


No comments: