Saturday, July 16, 2005

It's a rambutan life


Recently, a family friend called to inform mom about the sudden death of another friend. According to her, Madam C passed away suddenly due to excessive consumption of rambutans. She was said to have eaten 30 rambutans at one shot after dinnertime. Can you believe it?? Rambutans can actually kill us?? OMG!!!

When mom told me about the bad news, I couldn’t control myself and eventually laughed for a record of 10 minutes! Gosh!! I sounded like a devil! Nah! I’m not that black-hearted type to laugh at people’s death but…just imagine, eating too many rambutans can actually kill us?? Wow! I didn’t know that. I’ve heard about durians as the cause of human’s death but rambutans? Hmm…maybe we shouldn’t eat rambutans after dinner as everything we consume would blend in our stomach, together with the gastric juice. Anyway, I’d like to send my deepest condolences to Madam C’s family.

So, the moral of the story is: - (please choose the best answer)

1) Do not eat rambutans directly after dinner?

2) Do not eat 30 rambutans at one shot? What about 29? 25?

3) Do not eat rambutans at all?? Say NO To Rambutans Campaign?

4) Eat rambutans with intervals or time to rest in between? So that you can burp loudly like a 2 months old baby?

5) Eat some other fruits lah, there are many other types of fruits to eat be it imported or locally grown, e.g. apples, bananas (NOT this banana ok!), grapefruit, etc.

No comments: