Saturday, July 30, 2005

St Anne's Festival

Last Saturday, I managed to go to the Church of St Anne, located at Bukit Mertajam for its annual feast when I got back from the jungle after attending co-curriculum. This annual feast is celebrated in conjunction with St Anne's birthday which falls on July 26th. I started going to this holy place ever since Standard One I think, can't really remember. Well, it has been an annual event to me ever since but there was a few times when I wasn't able to go due to some unforeseen circumstances. I didn't go to this church last year, as I was busy with the registration of my 3-year studies in the jungle.

Anyway, I felt great after going there. The buildings, the people, the priests, the nuns, the beautiful fountain and everything else that you can think of, over there made me embrace a moment of serenity. The sacred place was truly influential. You might think that I've gone crazy but I could really feel the presence of some kind of 'power' when I was there. It's inexplicable. While strolling around, I stopped at a stall. The lady was selling religious books and many other ornaments. I wanted to buy something so that I could bring it back to the jungle with me. Then I saw these, something that look very much like pendants to me. I bought them but I don't wear them. I placed them in a small section of my big Hilly wallet, and carry them along.






Eventhough I'm a buddhist by religion, I sometimes feel like I was a Christian. Is there something wrong with me??? Is my brain battling the conflict between two different religions? GOSH!! I think I'm going insane! Who knows I might end up as a free thinker in 10 years time? Haha...

No comments: