Saturday, September 02, 2006

Never ending enthusiasm

Is there something wrong with me this semester? I started with the idea of getting another degree (I’m still thinking about it…maybe next time…it’s never too late to get it), MBA (I’m going to get it no matter how! It has been a long-term plan since I knew the abbreviation!), then got myself obsessed with the idea of getting trained abroad, and now, it’s the next one.

According to a book I recently read, I’m categorized under the number aptitude dimension (apart from a few other dimensions) under the main subject of human intellectual ability. Since I’m good at numbers and I was always good at accounting back in Secondary School, I’ve decided to include another extra qualification into my resume.

A few years ago, accounting was one of my options and I even had plans of working at the renowned PricewaterhouseCoopers or Ernst & Young after graduation…but somehow, I failed to convince myself. Dealing solely with numbers and always working at the same department were the two reasons why I didn’t want to be an accountant. So, my close friend went on with ACCA while I opted for Form Six. We went on separate ways and she’s now in UK, spending the final few months of studies before graduation!

I actually have interest in it (I still do?)…or maybe I would say it’s a special skill I acquired while desperately struggling (Was I really struggling? LOL!) to get an A for Principles of Accounting back in Form Five. Anyways, I got crazy again and have decided to take three UBS exams (accounting, payroll and stock control) the next semester. These external exams, which are offered by the faculty of accountancy in collaboration with UBS, require a special software for book keeping records. Since my academic transcript lacks accounting subjects, I’m equipping myself with these external certificates. And what are my reasons for doing that?

1) I’m afraid I can’t get a job (Of late, employers discriminate graduates from local public universities, even those with good grades and excellent communication skills. Bad news.)
2) I thirst for achievement and knowledge. I believe I can learn and do anything I want, just a matter of effort and determination. I’m born to learn and it never stops. Learning is a lifelong thing.
3) I’m obsessed with the idea of being a multi-skilled and multitalented employee. I’m an ambitious freak remember?
4) …Can’t be bothered to think of any other reasons. Refer to the first one.

Oh, I’m such an enthusiastic person when it comes to things like these! When I’m older, I’m so going to love myself more and be thankful for what I’m doing now! Hahaha...

No comments: