Friday, December 23, 2005

Eight days to expiry

In eight days time, we'll have to bid farewell to the oh-so-lousy year and greet 2006 with many new hopes and wishes. With another eight days in hand, it's about time to reflect back what I've done in the past 357 days. In fact, I had some reflections a few weeks back...too early huh?? Hehe... What do you expect? We girls (or just me???) are always thinking of something way beyond what we're supposed to.

Staring at myself in the mirror just now, I saw a new image. This new image is a familiar face but she has certainly changed into a different person altogether within a year's time. She has changed both physically and mentally. Well, many friends have given positive feedbacks on my physical looks but I still don't like my chubby cheeks or "babyface" looks. Shit. I just hate those two "tua paos" on my face! And some even think that yours truly is cute! OMG! *pengsan*

Oh yea. Still remember I mentioned something about losing weight, exercising and dieting when I started blogging?? Hehe... I'm still a sucker who can't stop her passion in food. Nevertheless, I managed to cut down on my food intake and some friends said that I look slimmer. Haha. Well, I think it's because of the orthodontic treatment I started about a month ago. So, what's the problem with a temporary ugliness when I could have a nice set of teeth in two years' time??? And I could also prevent myself from eating like a guy gobbling down food like I always did. Hence, I guess it's a pretty good idea as I could kill two birds with one stone. Oh there's another thing I forgot to mention. I finally got rid of the fear of meeting a dentist or orthodontist! (Will tell about the fear I always had since my childhood days next time...LOL)

Then, it's the new hairdo. I used to chicken out when I entered a hair salon with professional hairstylists touching my hair. After much consideration, I made a daring decision. I entered one of the most famous hair salons in Penang and got myself a new hairdo. The barber hairstylist did a great job and I left the salon with a big smile from ear to ear! All I said was, "I want to make all the guys out there to look at me and start drooling!""I want to change my hairstyle to medium curls that is easy to manage!"

I think that's all for the physical changes I had. As for the other aspect, it's rather difficult to describe since that I've changed a few times in this year alone. However, I'm happy and satisfied with what I did and went through. It was indeed a journey on a rollercoaster as I kept going up and down throughout the year. There were times when I actually got tired and decided to sleep through the whole day or do anything else to stop myself from pondering too much. Then, I realised it wasn't an ideal way of settling one's problems. I faced and handled each problem single handedly, but of course with the guidance from The Great One.

I have no regrets of calling upon The Great One to calm me down back in July. It was so silly of me that I thought I couldn't ask for His love and guidance if I haven't entered His kingdom officially. I was so wrong. I recalled the first time I asked Mrs.Chiang (The auntie who took care of me when I was young) about Him in 1989. Then, I spoke to him when I was nine. It came as a surprise that all the while, He has been there for me but I didn't notice His existence. Thinking back, I could really afford a smile as I knew I was carried up each time I fell down. Until now, the situation is still the same and I definitely can't enter His kingdom officially any time soon. BUT, there's one thing for sure. He's living within me. I made up my mind and decided not to care on what others say about this faith. After all, this is what I believe. This is between me and The Great One. It has got nothing to do with anyone out there as He was and is still the one who loves, listens to, guides, supports and lifts me up even higher than before after each fall. So, if you love me (as a friend or family), please respect me and accept me for who I am. I am neither holy nor pious. I just have faith in Him. Thanks for understanding.

Did I get too carried away in my previous paragraph?? LOL...Girls are always like that! The next thing I'm about to say is the four letter word that starts with the letter "L". *sheesh* My cheemui, Mickey forced me to make a joint New Year resolution with her early this year or a joint wish at the end of last year during Christmas. And yes, the wish sort of came true...a bit. With heaps of excitements and heart "attacks", I fell head over heels with someone. OMG!! That someone brought me feelings I never had before! Ok, now please do some logical thinking. IF you ever found somebody who looks, acts and thinks like the oh-so-perfect man or woman of your dreams, would you fall for him or her??? It makes sense right? So, I guess everything happened naturally.

Oh this post is getting too long. I guess I should just cut the stories short. Apart from all those I mentioned above, the rest would be the lousy and boring life in the jungle. Ehh, I forgot to mention something. I found a new passion in books recently but the interest is only on certain types of reading materials. I frequented the library in uni a few times in a week until the guards could recognise me! It's kinda amusing that these days I love to join the other unknown geeks in the library, a place I never had interest in when I was younger! Am I catching up on the lost times??? Haha...

OMG!!! I've changed drastically!! Changed into a better person??? Of course!! =P

Well, there's a need to think of Christmas wishes and New Year resolutions now. See ya!



No comments: