Monday, December 26, 2005

I am so bloody annoyed...

Eh hello! I'm still very young ok, now stop bombarding me all those weird questions, will you?? *sheesh* Why are all the older generations like that?? Okie, put those questions aside. Now, you tell me. What is your point if you start bragging about somebody I don't even know (I just know she exists)???

"Wahhh...the girl Mrs. Cakap Banyak took care of has started working. She just got back from the stupid land of Kangaroos and is earning RM 3700 a month!!!" (the girl is also twenty-one)

Bloody hell. You think I don't want to grad is it?? You think I don't want to earn that much??? If given a chance, I would very much prefer to start working tomorrow! You think it's so damn nice to stay in the jungle is it??? I just don't get it. The older generations are a bunch of weird people. They mentioned someone else's success. So, I thought, it would be a great idea to say something, like...erm my future.

BUT, I got bombarded! *rolls eyes* All I said was, "I can't wait to grad!" and they thought that was a stupid thing to think about. "You should enjoy your student's life and bla, bla, bla...no worries at all (yeah right!)...bla, bla, bla..."

I remember I mentioned something a few weeks back. "KL should be a great place to work for an alcoholic a workaholic like me. That place has got lots of job opportunities....that kind of jobs I've been eyeing for" But, I got this answer. "KL is not good. With the high cost of living (which is true), no friends over there (WRONG), no place to stay (this problem can be settled), got lots of bad guys too (oh really???) and yadda, yadda yadda...."

Oh okie. I KNOW. They are just over-protective. Of course they love me BUT isn't it over-exaggerating??? I'm growing older. It's almost time to leave the nest. In fact, I got the same kind of look from my folks when I told them I'm going to somewhere else to study and work. This is so not cool! Now, I really wonder how the hell am I going to tell them once I get an offer to work in the big city or worse...an offer for my postgraduate studies elsewhere some day. *sheesh*

I am telling you. It's not nice to be a girl, NOT because of the monthly flow. You know why? It's because I get funny answers like these:

"No matter how old you are, you will still be our LITTLE girl (Yea...that's very sweet but...)"

"...but I can't stay with you forever right? Yea...you both will still be my priority but as I get older, I have many other things to do. Many other responsibilities to undertake...like building my own career or better still, business empire, get married and have kids, etc."

"I know...that's why your father is worried that you will leave us. When you got an offer from uni, we were very much relieved coz you will still be near to us."

".....So, if I really got an offer to further my studies in another country, he won't let me go??? Do you mean to say that you prefer me to stay in Penang FOREVER??"

"I don't think he'll stop you but it's better to be in Penang. You could still pursue your masters here."


"*disappointed* In that case, please be warned...IF I really stay and work in Penang next time, it's rather impossible for you to have a son-in-law or grandchildren" *secretly planning to work and stay elsewhere*

"Why? Don't be so choosy lah. You got many male friends right? Ahh, that one who drives car X is ok what. That guy I saw the other day is also not bad. Oh, what about that old friend of yours who drives car Y? The guy who drives car Z got girlfriend already??"

"....................."



See?? I know my folks are caring and loving. BUT, mum is irritating over-exaggerating! Damn...why does the older generations love to compare?? Now, she's bragging about someone getting a highly paid job in KL. What's next??
"Oh, Mrs. Mulut Besar's daughter got engaged and she's getting married soon. When is your turn??" OR
"Mrs. KaypoChee's daughter gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Sigh. Don't know whether I'll have the luck to play with my granchildren."
Well, mum didn't say those things yet, but she MIGHT say it one of these days!

I could foresee that mum is soon going to be like the other nosy Aunties out there! Scary but I don't get it. Why is it that mum doesn't say anything like that to bro??? This is so unfair. Why is it that girls get bombarded with annoying questions all the time???? I wonder how will my folks react IF I tell them I'm into girls....(Eeuuuwww....NO way! I'm straight. GUYS only! No joke.)

*sheesh* I am so bloody annoyed coz mum keeps repeating the same questions over and over again. Shit. Why am I so irritated?? Ahhh....it's that time of the month! No wonder I can't tolerate anymore. *rolls eyes*






No comments: