Monday, November 14, 2005

Random thoughts....again??

After reading my friend's post, I started thinking again. Have you ever fallen for the wrong person?? I mean, you realised you shouldn't be falling for that particular someone, but you're still thinking of him/her. And the worse part is you just can't control your bloody brain from thinking about that someone.

Personally, I experienced that many times already. Well, maybe what my friend says in his post is very true. Sometimes, it's rather easier to fall for someone than to forget him/her. From what I observed, I have many friends (both male and female) facing the similar situation. They knew that particular someone will never be the other half, but they can't do anything much to prevent themselves from pondering. All they could do is to tell a friend (me) and I can't do much either besides listening to what they've got to say, consoling or giving a humble advice to them. After all, I consider myself a sucker in this issue too.

I could still remember what I disliked in men when I was years younger. I used to hate metrosexuals but I fell for one. I used to hate skinny men but I fell for one. I used to hate this and that (mostly physical attributes) but I fell for them. That's the time when I realised I actually don't have any physical criteria on men I like. So, you tell me...is there really a clear definition of "pretty" or "handsome"?? (Please ignore the stupid power of stereotyping) Having encountered different types of past histories and male friends, there is no such word as "handsome" in my brain's vocabulary! That word will only exists when I fall for someone coz I still believe that when you actually have feelings for that someone, he/she would just stand out amongst the other male/female in your heart, or mind. He/she will be the first one in your mind when you wake up in the morning and the last one you think about before you doze off at night.

So, why is it that we often fall for someone easily?? And why is it so difficult to forget a particular someone when you knew it's impossible to be together? Yea, we should be realistic but how possible it is to control our brain? Oh please don't get me wrong. I'm not thinking nor talking about the bloke that I've managed to delete off my brain! Seriously, I've had crushes on and even fallen for friends, school mates (old story lah), flirts (dangerous!) and many others. So, have you ever fallen for the wrong person even though you knew you'll never be with him/her???

This song by James Blunt has been stuck to my brain ever since I first heard it. But, the lyrics has some connections to what I said earlier.


"You're Beautiful"

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.



No comments: