Thursday, November 24, 2005

A stroll down memory lane...

It was sometime in March 1994 when I met a childhood lover friend. He's the eldest son of mum's best friend. I stayed at his house during a trip to KL when I was only 10 years old. He's two years my senior. Being a naive and innocent little girl at that time, we acted like as if we were in a "boyfriend-girlfriend" kind of relationship. Hahaha...

The stay at his place wasn't long but I could still remember certain things. I remembered the time when he held my right hand, and I was holding his younger brother's hand. Really felt like a family! LOL! And the purple flowers he gave me. The hiding places where we hid ourselves during a game of hide-n-seek. Haha... Oh well, he's part of my childhood memories.

After that, we didn't meet until sometime in 1998. We both were too quiet and shy to talk at that time. LOL! Guess it was the weirdest time during adolescence. Then, he followed his family to Penang and we met again when I was in Form Five. Nothing much happened besides some eye contacts, exchange of smiles, greetings of hellos and goodbyes, and the part when he asked how I was doing as that time was somewhere near SPM.

So, I reckon whether there would be any form of conversation between me and this old friend when I meet him this Saturday. I'm following my family to his place for an old friend gathering (my mum and his mum) but we won't be staying at his place this time. In these few years, I didn't meet him at all even though I went to KL with friends a few times before this (I saw someone who looks like him at Sungei Wang Plaza previously, but that's a different story altogether). I wonder how would it be like... to meet an old friend after so many years?? I don't want to think much but somehow, it feels funny. Is it normal to exchange emails or contact numbers??? OMG! This is so weird!




No comments: